Home Technical Talk

[ZBRUSH] UVW Smoothing problems (cumulative) and inconsistent with 3dsmax.

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
OccultMonk interpolator
When I turn off smoothing for UV's in zbrush, the UVW's retain their shape, but the mapping of textures is wrong because there is no smoothing. The UV's are straight but the texture needs smooth UVW's. When I turn on Smoothing for UV's, they are smoothed but increasingly so. Each time I go up and down the subdivisions they get smoothed more (especially the outer borders of the UV's). I want UV's on my HP export that match my 3dsmax UV's. Non smoothed UV's are no option because the flow of the texture does not work. What are the best options for UV's when you want to export model with let's say subdiv 3 from Zbrush?

Replies

• OccultMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OccultMonk interpolator
    Is there no good solution for UV's from Zbrush. They are either smoothed too much or not at all. And they tend to change ( smoothed more) when going up and down the subdivisions. I need to unwrap the base mesh, but export a higher subdiv frequently. I also need to adjust and modify the model in Zbrush, so Unwrapping later also does not work. What is the best workflow for ZBrush and UV's?