Home Technical Talk

ZBrush Freeze SubDiv problem

Hi! Student here and since it's weekend I don't have anyone to ask about this issue that I'm having. Any help is appreciated. :)

I am aware how Freeze SubDivisions work in ZBrush and I use it from time to time to come back to the lowest subdiv level to do stuff I wouldn't be able to do on higher levels. BUT, I just modeled out this slipper strap with the CurveStrapSnap (BCK) brush and it had the Freeze SubDiv button already activated. At first, I didn't notice it because I try to work with the menus hidden, for practice. I added a crease and subdivided it a couple times and then when I tried to copy it by holding CTRL and dragging the pivot, ZBrush came at me with the "you can't do this because you have multiple subdivisions, delete or freeze them and try again" bubble. When I tried to freeze them, I noticed the button is already activated. So normally, I tried to turn Freeze off and on again, and the last screenshot shows what happened.

I know I can just delete those 2 subdivisions since it's such a simple object and I will do that and continue working on this while I wait for a response but I'm a noob and I really wanna learn so if someone could explain this phenomenon to me I'd be really happy! Thankyou~ :)

Replies

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Looks like the normals are flipped and masking errors (maybe). Whenever you import a mesh into zB always do a mask clear (Cntrl + draw rectangle and release on canvas). Points may be masked but not readily visible. No idea why the mesh is flipped but you can always flip it back.