Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Cyndrex

Hi, I'm just starting this sketchbook to keep track of my progress in learning to make 3D artwork, and maybe get some tips from people.

This is my first 3D "project", which was made by following along with Grant Abbitt's low poly man and monster tutorial on Youtube. It didn't turn out that great, but that's okay.
Here it is:

Replies

• Cyndrex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Low poly well I made by following along with Grant Abbitt's tutorial.

I made the bucket and the rope attached to it myself. I feel like the rope could have been better, but I didn't want to waste time on something that's just for practice and getting to know the program better.

• Cyndrex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I decided to give sculpting a try. I jumped in a little too deep, I think, since my first-ish serious sculpt was of a human face, but I did the best I could.

It doesn't look great, and that's to be expected since I don't have any sculpting or anatomy experience, but I'm happy with how it came out regardless.

I think the overall head shape is okay, but all the features need a lot of work.
    I had a lot of difficulty with the lips for some reason, so I think I'll focus on them the most. I also just kind of threw the ears on right at the end, so I'm sure if I actually gave it some effort and used reference I could make them look a bit better.

Or maybe I'll just go a little easier and try to sculpt some fruit or something, lol.
  • Cyndrex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying to get a better understanding of how to do the lips/mouth. Looking at my own mouth in the mirror was helpful, but I still don't really feel like I have a good grasp on them yet.

I think maybe I need to be a bit more subtle with the plane changes or something.
  • Cyndrex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been learning a bit of lip anatomy the past couple days, and tried to make some lips that were based more on anatomy rather than what I can see in the mirror, if that makes sense.

I know I should have made the area surrounding the lips look more face-like, but I didn't want to waste time making a practice piece look all pretty and polished, y'know?