Home Technical Talk

Rigging/Animating Character - 'Bad Mesh' Problem

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
ChristheLancer97 polycounter lvl 4
Hi there, so I was in the process of creating a rig for my character and was using the Heat Map solution for Weight painting in 3DS Max. But I got this error saying 'Weighing was unable to complete due to bad mesh'. I honestly have no idea what this means, but I decided to bring my character into Mixamo to test things out. Now, I get a very specific problem which is that both sides of the armpits of my character seem to be going in on each other for some really strange reason.

I have tried to look into this back in 3DS Max and see if its either a Normals or Scale Transformation problem but I've looked into both and they all seem fine! So I am fairly certain this relates back to the error previously where I tried to use Heatmapping and told me that the model is a 'bad mesh' but I have next to 0 clue what this means. Ive tried to look this particular error up on Google but I cant seem to find anybody with the same issue as mine. The strange part is that every other part of my character animates just fine, its literally just the armpits thats the main issue here. 

If anybody could help me identify this issue then that would be of great help, thanks alot!