Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Louis Stelfox - 3D Art Thread

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
LouisStelfox polycounter lvl 4
Hi Polycount!

Thought I'd start a thread to get crit and feedback for my 3D game art. I've attached a couple of screenshots of previous projects so you can see what level I'm at, all rendered in UE4 (if you wanna see more: https://www.artstation.com/louisstelfox)

I've got a couple of projects in the work, one being a Soyuz capsule referenced from the Apollo-Soyuz test mission. I've been primarily working on the high poly and hopefully will be moving onto the low poly very soon. I'm planning on achieving a lot of the surface detail through trim sheets and normals, so most of the geometry are the mechanical parts on the capsule. Any crit or feedback is much welcome.

Reference:

Replies

• LouisStelfox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got a bit of an update on the Soyuz capsule. Texturing is nearly finished just got a lot of wear and grime to add. Scene is currently rendered in UE4 at 60 fps and the capsule itself is using two 4k textures. Still got a fair amount to do and feedback to follow through on but any crit or feedback is much welcome! (Mars texture isn't mine)
  • LouisStelfox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some break downs of the assets I made for the Soyuz scene. I also had some time to make a video of the scene moving about with the lighting:

• LouisStelfox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also been working on a angled rock material as a practise to better create organic materials in substance designer. Any crit or feedback on the capsule of material would be very much appreciated! I wasn't really following any specific reference but I was looking at granite cliff faces by the coast.

• LouisStelfox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Polycount! I need to get much better at posting WIP work but here's an environment I did about a year ago that I thought I would touch up because I wanted to practise how to make organic assets better like foliage and rocks. These are some stills from the environment plus the materials I used for some of the organic assets! :)

You can watch a cinematic of it here: