Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Trying to create interesting characters. C&C would be very helpful!

I took some advice from another site in an attempt to make a more interesting concept--though there's always room to improve. I'd love to hear what anyone here could offer me as advice for my next piece. Anything helps, especially with design and rendering.

Replies

• Dezzipixels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dezzipixels polycounter lvl 2
    It looks good! If I was trying to find something to criticize I would comment on the hand in the pocket. It doesnt feel like there is a hand under the fabric of the pocket and the hand feels a little to far in (almost like the hand would is going inside him and not the pocket. Also just presentation wise I would through just a little cast shadow on the ground under him to help ground him in a physical space. 

Hope that helped and keep being awesome!!  
  • Snack20
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also just presentation wise I would through just a little cast shadow on the ground under him to help ground him in a physical space.
    I'm a little mad at myself for not thinking about the cast shadow so I added that in there along with adjusting the folds where the hand is in the pocket. I very much appreciate your feedback! I will use this for my next piece as well!
  • Snack20
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd love to have some feedback on this design. When it comes to large and medium details I don't struggle as much as I do when I have to put in small details. I also don't see anything in this character to hook me, though I'm not sure what I can do to change that. Anything I can get would be very helpful.
  • SSquir33
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SSquir33 polycounter lvl 12
    I like the simple shape of the head but why not add some high-frequency details (bolts etc) and add some metallic style scratches since I assume its made of steel etc.

Material indication (scratchy sharp specular highlights, or diffuse specs on plastic ) will bring your characters to life