I'm looking to commission a freelance concept artist with a distinct knowledge of city layouts and a moderate understanding of 3d level-design. We'd be working to capture this place's overall spatial design
& visual aesthetic
with 5~12 rough perspective sketches followed up by 3 finalized pieces once the art-direction is established.
With those mood-boards in-mind, here are some principles for direction...
- Solar Punk aesthetic, but within the realm of known science. No anti-gravity, teleporters, or faster than light travel.
- Utopian design that counterpoises the typical Dystopian aesthetic we see in most science-fiction.
- No cars. Everything someone might need on a regular basis is available to them within walking distance.
- City Centers & Public Parks. Careful sizing and placement of social hubs to facilitate local activities.
- There are slight touches of futurism in the world design, but nothing overt like glowing blue signage.
- Urban farming, vines, grass, trees, water. Nature is unruly, but human architecture remains prominent.
- Architecture, spacial-feel, nature, color, and a sense of scale are the focus points of these pieces.
Here are some additional references for both aspects of design...
And a few questions that may help paint a clearer picture...
- Do I feel comfortable wandering this urban space?
- Does it feel well-lit and open despite being compact?
- Could I recognize someone at the far end of this city-center?
- How long would it take to walk to the city center or local market?
If you'd like to discuss project details and rates,
I'm available via Discord (Glitch#7548), Twitter (@cwcorella)
, & Email ([email protected]