Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Weird looking glass material in Quixel Suite

Hi there,

I am having problems with Quixel Suites materials which usually work great, but sometimes I get something like the Glass Window material. So far I found nothing remotely similar in postings online, so it might as well just be a problem on my computer / software.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? (This is what it looks like in 3DO...)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    A lot of those glass materials are simply metal materials set to low roughness values with no metalness values. If this legacy material has issues, which it appears to, I'd recommend simply adding a different stock metal and using the values I mentioned.
  • tymc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried the DDO Silver Material this time (started over on a different machine and license). Gloss Dynamask completely white, Reflectance white, Metalness Dynamask white, Reflectance black.

(If I turn the Metalness-Dynamask black it looks like the grey default material. )

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Try previewing in another tool and see if you're getting the same results, let me know what that looks like.
  • tymc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I figured it out. For some reason 3ds max rendered some noise into the ID map, which Quixel/Photoshop was so keen to differentiate between and was handling it as separate ID...

I got rid of the noise, rerendered the project, now everything works just fine and I feel stupid now.

Thanks so much, Synaesthesia for your help!