Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ak-47 Guitar Critiques/Advice

jiggywattart
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
jiggywattart polycounter lvl 6
Hi folks! Long-time (scared) lurker who finally decided to start posting. No idea what I'm doing but any feedback would be appreciated!
Here's my latest project: an AK-47 repurposed into an electric guitar.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VdWNJn

Replies

• CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    Interesting idea and it looks good on a glance but I feel some areas could use some work. The back looks a bit empty compared to the front but I guess there isn't much on the back of a guitar either

Some areas are weirdly lowpoly (green) for seemingly no reason while the center of the guitar is pretty detailed.
    The edges marked in blue almost look like a bake issue but I'm assuming it's an edge wear mask. I think you can improve the edges by varying the amount of edgewear and not have it uniform over most of the model. The wear around the "output jack" looks very artificial for example.

I think you could remove the grime around the knobs (red) since it would be likely that whomever played the guitar would smudge those areas with his/her hand and the grime wouldn't be so intense in those areas. You could try and add some down plastic to those areas and see how it looks, like the surface layer of plastic coating had been worn away.

With a bit of texture work and maybe some additional geo I think you can really make this model stand out :smiley: