Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nocturnal Harmony

1k0
Hi Geeks!
First time posting here after years of reading useful posts about many useful process and problem solving :)

I'd like to share with you my new artwork:

I passed years working essentially with Mental Ray in 3ds Max, therefore we can say this is my first "big" project using Arnold, it was a lot of fun discovering incredible features during the creation process of this piece.
Characters were sculpted in Zbrush, starting from scratch.

Here are some WIP images:

The texturing was done in Substance Designer. I wish I had think more "real time" to be able to render out a lighter version of the scene to be freely visited in Sketchfab or Marmoset viewer but sometimes, it feels so good going heavy on polygon count in a scene ^^

A making of is also available on my website: http://www.moonday.fr/nocturnal-harmony-making-of/

Replies

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Love everything from the roof on up, but the yellow paint and detail on the purple flowers hanging below it just seems way too high frequency compared to the rest. Kind of throws off the balance of the piece.
  • 1k0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1k0
    PolyHertz said:
    Love everything from the roof on up, but the yellow paint and detail on the purple flowers hanging below it just seems way too high frequency compared to the rest. Kind of throws off the balance of the piece.
    Hi PolyHertz,
    I thought something was off with the final image and I understand now, you're absolutely right about the high frequency in the flowers area.
    About the yellow paint, I know see it was not perceived as it should be: concrete lighted from above. Thanks for your feedback :)