Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Capone's Candies - 1930's Candyshop - Feedback

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Squeetimes polycounter lvl 5

Hello all! 
Recently I've been working on this scene with feedback in a CGMA course with Clinton Crumpler.
I plan on making additional tweaks and potentially expanding the scene (just a little).  Would love to hear any thoughts.

Will post this to artstation when I'm ready to put this down. 

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
  • Squeetimes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks!

Bit of an update-

I've addressed some feedback from elsewhere.  In this image I'm tackling a couple ideas: breaking up the wall paper, adding molding near the floor, and changing the spacing between the floorboards.

I think the molding, while it matches molding elsewhere in the scene, might be a bit too subtle.  Thus far I'm really happy with the second wallpaper I've added to the room.

I've also updated the cash register to have interact-able keys and associated counter.  There are other props I've added to the room to fill out the space a bit as well.

Here are updated shots:

I started updating the candy jars in these shots, but there seems to be a bit of a rendering issue.  I plan to tackle that, and continue addressing some previous feedback.

If you have any thoughts please let me know!
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking great! I'm not a huge fan of the floor. In a shop this fancy, the wood floor would be a lot more flat, whereas your wood pieces stick up too much.

• Squeetimes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Definitely agree!
    I was using a generator that wouldn't let me get the boards any closer, so I reworked something from scratch. I'm a lot happier with the latest result:

More updated shots of this one in action:

I've started to add more props, and also tweaked the trim on the walls to be a touch darker.  I'll keep updating as I continue.
  • Squeetimes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've updated two major points in my scene:
    1.) Floor material - shadowing created an odd "column" effect, this is gone.
    2.) Candy models, substances & variety added.

I will likely move on to do an outdoor section for the entrance of this shop, any feedback here will still be valuable though. 

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished product looks great!