Home Marmoset

Cant view baked map preview?

zenonithus
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
zenonithus polycounter lvl 5
Hi all, something is wrong with baked map preview under maps where I press it next to the map type and the AO or Normal etc will flash on and off for a half second. I cant get the preview to stay. Sometimes it works and sometime not. Any ideas why this is? I have been having heaps of issues with baking from marmoset that do not make sense. Feels like it doesn't like re-importing the model at times :(

Replies

• Arthaven
    Offline / Send Message
    Arthaven polycounter lvl 8
    Hello @zenonithus ,

This initially sounds like a graphics card issue to me. Can yo make sure you have the latest driver for your graphics card installed as well as running the latest build of Toolbag (308). If you are using previous versions of the software then you may be running into issues with the reload and auto reload functions that have since been corrected.

If you're still having issues then I would love to take a look at your files for further testing. If you could email me a Scene Bundle (File > Export > Scene Bundle) into a zipped project folder along with repro steps to: support@marmoset.co and I'll see what I find. If the file is too large for emailing then just link a dropbox/cloud storage url in the email. 

Thank you!
  • zenonithus
    Offline / Send Message
    zenonithus polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks Arthaven, I managed to get it to work though only after baking all the material maps again. I think it must have reset the preview though will report back if it happens again :)