Options
    Offline / Send Message
    another caveman greentooth
  • oglu
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I feel like they spoiled the storyline, in that trailer (at least the start of the story/purpose)
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    notman said:
    I feel like they spoiled the storyline, in that trailer (at least the start of the story/purpose)
    I wouldn't take it at face value, they tend to love to play with people with their trailers and the way they slow burn info.

To me, I am thinking her reaction to someone seemingly being killed is actually Joel and im guessing it happens in the first 1/4 of the game. I have zero context for this and its total guesswork, but it's something shocking and in line with the overall tone of the brand I can see them doing to shake things up and surprise players. 

having eli's revenge storyline/inciting incident be the death of joel would actually be more motivating, having the person who essentially raised her get taken away would be a much more powerful than the more cliche/standard death of a love interest. 

But I hope I am wrong, as I love joel's character and playing as him. 
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    I think the new COD looks really good.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    notman said:
    I wouldn't take it at face value, they tend to love to play with people with their trailers and the way they slow burn info.

Yeah, I'm hoping that's the case. I feel like they are setting up this love interest, and for the start of the game, you meet and connect with this girl... then they kill her, and Ellie wants revenge. Joel will help you. 
    After their first teaser, I thought maybe Joel was the one who dies, but with the additional info, I think it's this new love interest