Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio feedback and critique

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
fullpinkdog greentooth
Sup Polycount!
Here is my result of studying 3d environment art - https://www.artstation.com/renski_tim
I think about looking for job in game industry, but i also think it would be really hard just because of my location and i need really strong portfolio. So i ask you for help to make this portfolio better, i guess any feedback and critique will help!

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Hi. I checked out your stuff, and I think you wound't have problems getting a job. Your artwork is looking good. If your location blocks you, consider moving, if you can.
  • fullpinkdog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fullpinkdog greentooth
    @Obscura
    Hey, thank you for your reply and for the kind words about my artworks. Yeah, i guess it's time to save some cash for moving heh
  • Carla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carla triangle
    Your stuff is awesome, I also think you shouldn't have problems getting a job. The only thing that stood out for me was that you included process gifs. Personally I think they're really cool and insightful, but for some reason I never see pros include WIP shots in their Artstation projects? Maybe someone who's working in the industry can shed some light as to why. 
  • Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    Carla said:
    Your stuff is awesome, I also think you shouldn't have problems getting a job. The only thing that stood out for me was that you included process gifs. Personally I think they're really cool and insightful, but for some reason I never see pros include WIP shots in their Artstation projects? Maybe someone who's working in the industry can shed some light as to why. 
    No reason other than they're hiding their process/secrets :tongue:  Literally is no downside to including process wips.
  • fullpinkdog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fullpinkdog greentooth
    Carla said:
    I never see pros include WIP shots in their Artstation projects
    I never thought about this, but i heard a lot about how important to show your understanding of the whole process and i think these gif's are kind of help to show this. And Kanni3d theory may be a thing actually haha
     Thank you guys @Carla@Kanni3d

• TheGabmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheGabmeister interpolator
    Saw your work. Very nice portfolio.

I think you can improve your posts in ArtStation by including screenshots of the scenes' wireframe.
  • fullpinkdog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fullpinkdog greentooth
    @TheGabmeister thank you man for your reply
    Hmmm, i think showing wireframes is always very tricky. Wireframes can be cause of ask too many questions like "why he done this like that and like this", it may show your errors that you don't even see and etc.
    I think wireframes is good practise for single prop where you are sure for 100% that you have perfect wireframe.
    Also since Unreal triangulates your meshes - it looks not really good in my opinion
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Your stuff looks cool man!