Home General Discussion

GDC Party idea: Need Comedians

high dynamic range
Offline / Send Message
Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
Just putting a feeler out for this:

Is anyone on Polycount who plans or has gone to GDC, at all interested in joining and performing on a "comedy night" for an evening during GDC?

Think open mic, or prebooked, stand up sets, small performances, etc.

I'm thinking about asking Adult Swim Games if they'd want to sponsor this idea.

Replies

• garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    I don't know if I'll be going next year, but I might want to join in, if I do.
    I'll need tons of liquid courage, though. And by that, I mean one drink or two, because I'm such a light drinker. And, I prefer ciders. I like to keep things short and sweet for me to get the ball rolling. I'm no master at stand-up comedy at all, so it might be a whole different story for me if I go on stage. I might just get a nervous breakdown. But yeah, I'm kind of curious about this, I guess once GDC comes close.

And, I just realized this is during GDC, too, and I know for sure I'll be freaking out on what jokes I'll want to say, to try my best not to offend anybody. And, making sure it's all appropriate for game developers. It'll come down to a point where I probably won't know what to say. 
    Huh, yeah, I'm a little lost but I'll think this through. I'll have to make sure my humor will cater towards gamers and game devs. This already sounds hard enough for me.