Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

L115a3

otmaster6
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
otmaster6 polycounter lvl 2
What would be a good price for my l115a3 and is there any little fixes to get my 3d model look more realistic?

Replies

• jakemoyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jakemoyo polycounter lvl 4
    As far as price goes, Id recommend just checking out what other sellers have their model listed at. See if they have similar features to yours, (i.e rigged, animated, modifiable, etc) and then put it at around that price. Dont undersell yourself, but also dont get cocky and overpirce it. Allow the demand to set the price, but use that initial research as a starting point. If a month goes by and you get only 1 download then knock 10 or 15 bucks off and see if it picks up.

As far as any critique i could offer you should post more high res renders of your model from a lot of different angles, including the FPS view mode, which is especially important for game weapons. Just this one render its hard to tell much of what you might need to add.

Take a look at these portfolios and take note of their presentation, see if you cant try to emulate that a bit more. For example Put your weapon on a dark background to make it stand out more, multiple angles, at a distance, up close, interesting light angles to emphasize the texture work and modelling. Its already hard to stand out as a weapon artist and every little bit helps.

https://www.artstation.com/eugenep

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2xqYvB

Keep it up though!

• otmaster6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @jakemoyo Thank you! I rendered the image with a white bg, because turbosquid checkmate needs the white bg. I can also post here more pictures when i get them rendered. At the moment i have only a macbook pro 2012 mid which doesn't even have gpu . Im rendering with a i5 3210m and it is very hard to do good 8k textures with big render times. I will buy a new computer when amd rx3000 series are released. I compared my textures to other gun textures here and i noticed that they are a lot better. After i get the new computer i will do new textures. But i'm still planning to sell it with these textures for 20e-40e on turbosquid and cgtrader.
  • otmaster6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message