Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Learning 3D

Hi there I had a lot of attempts to CGI and still makeing my way in this field. I think all my life I was in love with visual art and I have a lot of struggle in finding my place in this wide world but I'm still serching. I'm begginer in 3D and I would love to hear some critique about model I'm currently developing :D I would like to make it a game ready model in final but we will see how far i might be able to develope him. Sorry for screens but I'm in a rush. Tommorow I will try to post more define files. Right now I try to establish parts that should be separated. I split main body from the tail and have bigger spikey bone structure (claws, back, pelvic) on diferent subtools but spikes on elbow or head and deltoid i decided to merge for bettter control, might be a mistake but I'm not sure. 

Replies

• jesselarson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jesselarson polycounter lvl 2
    Hey, interesting concept. Definitely has a cool velociraptor thing going on with the feet. I would really focus on overall proportion and blending forms to get something unique. Right now it looks like a human base with a tail and some spike features stuck on. Especially around where the tail meets the body. Since you have some aspects of a velociraptor, look at how the tail and feet come together on one of those and use that to inform your design.
  • Oksymoron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your answer I took some time and redesign bottom part. Velociraptor is awsome but I wanted to stay with more straight torso. Generaly this tail is giving me hard times but i Think i made it look better. Sorry for bad render >.<

• Oksymoron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi currently I'm trying my best to retopologize this guy but its harder then it's look. I stuck with head also first attempt of the shoulder went bad as well. I'm not sure if I should stop the loop and try to close nose on separate because right now it's creating a lot more on the eyes as well. Anyway tomorrow I will try some more.

• Jimmy_Chao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jimmy_Chao node
    You don't have to apologize for the render, it's just part of the process. we all understand buddy:)))
    And you are doing good for someone who's new to 3D  =),  but it'll be easier for us to understand your concept if you can also share your references with us.