Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for Portfolio Feedback

Ireyon
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Ireyon polycounter lvl 4
Hey there! So I graduated this year and I want to find a job as a 3D Artist (maybe Environment Artist).
As I want to improve myself and with it, my chance of finding a job, I would appreciate any kind of feedback on my work!
You can find my Portfolio here: https://ireyon.artstation.com/
I have some additional stuff on my Artstation page, that I wasn't too sure if I should include it into the Portfolio as well.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I'm seeing a bunch of artifacts on your bow. Also, you've got a ton of edges doing nothing whereas more edges could be spent on the silhouette. I'd take out your gateway project. The lost and forgotten project is neat but I don't think this will help you land a job. Same with the mage; she's not really up to par. I'd keep working at your portfolio, you've got a lot of potential!
  • jakemoyo
    Offline / Send Message
    jakemoyo polycounter lvl 4
    Does that bow have a high poly it was baked down from? i notice you have support edges over the whole thing and theres alot of stuff like this

that make it feel like all youve got going on is a korean bevel and thats it. Just a lot of shading errors. Also the roughness variation is basically nonexistent and overall it kid of looks like you slapped on a  few  smart materials for the 90 percent of the piece and didnt go much beyond that.
    This one is definitely your strongest piece so i would put some more time into that to really make it the star of your folio. Also why not include a bit of story in there? Get some arrows and a quiver in there give it some visual interest, some interest posing. it looks like its just  sitting a 0-0-0 and your took like 6 renders. 

The knife seems to suffer from a similar lack of effort in the texturing, it almost seems like you put more effort into the roughness variation on the wood its sittin on. Also i would definitely see about another wood material  or maybe just do away with the table and go knife only. As is, even Stevie Wonder could see that you just dropped American Cherry on there with maybe a cheeky grunge map and left it. Which to your potential employer just screams "couldnt be bothered".

I agree with Ashervisalis as well, the gateway project isnt really doing you much favors, it has alot of technical issues as well as a general lack of interesting content.

I'd say just cut back to those two props, really polish those up and get started on a new scene that really pushes your abilities and focus on quality which should round out the folio a bit more.

keep it up!
  • Ireyon
    Offline / Send Message
    Ireyon polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks a lot for all the feedback! I will work on it and on some new stuff!