Home Marmoset

Bug: Marmoset often messes up transform positions on reimport

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Shrike interpolator
I use it basically only for baking and I often reimport things (the normal way - non quick load) 

From time to time (every 5-10 imports), some random submeshes do lose their position and go to a seemingly random position (Looks like they somehow get centered towards the parents pivot), both for highpoly and lowpoly, mostly single pieces (like 1 out of 10 submeshes meshes or so). 

Then I need to delete the mesh and reimport it manually and it works again, so there is nothing wrong with the mesh itself.
The reload button does not fix it, only manual deletion and re-import. 

This happens consistently with all kinds of model projects ive done over the weeks.

I would also be content with a "reset transforms" button or functionality if it dosnt exist yet somewhere, as it generally is nearly impossible making accurate adjustments back and forth without CTRL-Z (as no quantized movement or display of XYZ coordinates exist?)
(Steam version)

Replies

• Arthaven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arthaven polycounter lvl 8
    Hello @Shrike,

This randomness might be tricky to narrow down. First, make sure you are using the latest release (Toolbag 308) as we have made changes in this exact area in the 308 release. If that is still the case, then if you can send me test files (single or multiple) along with any repro steps that you  believe to trigger this behavior. We can review that info and see what results come from it. You can always send files to our support@marmoset.co email address and we will take it from there. 

Thank you!
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    A test file won't help much, and it happens to many varied models ive used

All you will see is a object being at the parents location instead of the exported location, but I can try save something
    I use FBX for all models

I think the issue is sometimes at import of FBX, the transform position is lost and then centered towards the parent object
    (I can not confirm or deny if parent objects also lose position, I have a feeling they can but not sure)
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    @Arthaven

Here is a scene where it happened (5mb)
    https://hostr.co/QNoYFZaXTxAH

Included are the high and low

Here is what just happened:
    (these rods are all in an array and some of them just got dislocated on reimport)

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    This one here made me laugh

• Arthaven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arthaven polycounter lvl 8
    Hi @Shrike, can you confirm that there aren't any keyframes on these objects for me? The only things I can imagine that would cause this would be keyframes, clutter from transform data that needs cleared out or parenting issues (could be related to previous two). Let me know and if you do have any before and after FBX files that pinpoint this then please send those to me at: support@marmoset.co

Thank you!
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Hey, 100% no animations in all my models

I uploaded you an example where it happened, including original files
    https://hostr.co/QNoYFZaXTxAH
    5 MB
  • Michalo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Michalo polycounter lvl 2
    I believe this happens everytime you add or maybe even renaem an object to the FBX.
    New object transformations will be set to 0, 0, 0 while old are updated with the currently used in toolbag.