Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gloster Meteor

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Bostvic polycounter lvl 5
So I have decided to model a Gloster Meteor as a fun challenge to improve my subsurf workflow. I'm aiming to post some sort of progress every day.

Right now I need to work on the canopy and improve the tailfin shapes a little more

Replies

• SamIndeed
    Hey @Bostvic, looking good so far! I noticed these two areas seem a little weird, maybe there are some distortions, I would suggest looking at them with different matcaps and looking for distortions.
    I would love to see more progress, mainly with the engines, keep it up!

• Bostvic
    Offline / Send Message
    Bostvic polycounter lvl 5
    @SamIndeed
    Thanks for the feedback! Those guns really did look a bit off. They were also way longer than in the original concept. I redid them and I'm not 100% with the topology, but it is much better. I also learned that Blender 2.8 has matcaps, which is cool!

I don't like the distortion between the guns, but I need to move on to a different part before I go crosseyed.

• SamIndeed
    @Bostvic
    Yeah, moving on to a different part of the model can be often good for mental health. I don't know much about modeling this kind of shapes, but what I would suggest is to give a little more space between the vertices right here:
    It might make the transition softer, it might not, just a thought... You could also try to switch to the sculpting mode and use the smooth brush, then take a look at the wireframe, you might find it useful seeing how the smooth brush moved the vertices.

Anyway, good luck, can't wait to see more progress!