Home Career & Education

Anxiety when learning and getting overwhelmed

lockey1995
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
lockey1995 polycounter lvl 5
Hey, So i wasn't going to post this but i really wanted to get it off my mind and get it written down, so basically as the title suggests every time I do 3D I start to get overwhelmed on the problem solving things when things don't go right, I'm not sure whether I'm just a slow learner or I'm not learning optimally or what. At the moment one thing I'm really struggling with at times is translating what i see in the reference into 3D and I'm not talking about the complex shapes sometimes just simple shaping with edges and verts I'm all over the god damn place really something I should know now. 

I now focus on the main fundamentals of looking at the reference and breaking things down in the blockout phase such as is it a cube, cylinder, sphere etc but after that I'm stuck on shaping things etc. The other thing is i can't stop going back to various timelapses, tutorials etc to see how they shaped something and did something and i literally waste hours a day doing this which can't be good even though I'm not modeling the above. I really don't know if there's some serious deep seated self doubt and perfectionism going on here thinking I need to do it perfectly this way but damn i can't break out of this self destructive loop. 

I just feel like I'm doing things wrong even though people have told me there's a million ways to do something within 3D I think it's the amount of methods out there that's overwhelming me anxiety is also a bitch which i deal with daily in life it really is stopping me doing anything at the moment. I'm guessing really it does come down to experience in terms of how do i approach/start this etc and building your own workflow overtime rather than watching 6 or so people with all different workflows. I am plugging on trying to create stuff but i don't really feel like I'm consciously learning properly or I'm skipping way too far ahead at times. 

I really just don't feel like I'm going to get where I want to go due to my extreme anxiety,self doubt and much more in general

I think i just need a good slap from someone on here to snap out of it  to be quite honest, a bit of a weird issue but there we go, i do feel a little bit better having typed this out been debating it for a few days.

Replies