Home Freelance Job Postings

[closed] (paid) Looking for 2D artist for Rail Route - a rail network simulator

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
EDIT: DO NOT APPLY. We already have this position filled. If anything changes I'll post an update

I'm looking for the artist generalist that is able to help us with all the graphical stuff in our game Rail Route - a rail netowrk simulator.

We want someone very creative that can bring up unique 2D graphics without changing the current core concepts of the game. We want the game to remain 2D with the schematic view of the rail network. I like the current state of the board elements - signals, switches, tracks, walls etc. The problem I see is the "boredom" or the "flatness" of the graphics. It's nothing that catches your eye within seconds. We need to make it more appealing and unique. We need to improve the tiny details by adding something "more". We can work with the colors, shading, blur and some other post processing effects. We can also add some animation, particle effects around some actions in the game etc.

We are looking for the individual only (not the graphic studios, sorry).

The work we need to be done:
  • new concepts & designs of the game elements
  • animations & particle effects, add some juice to the game
  • HUD design
  • cover images, promotional graphics
Read my latest blog about finding the artist: https://railroute.bitrich.info/2019/08/21/how-i-met-our-artist/

Pm me offers, including your portfolio and hour rate.
Please, play the game and have something in your mind before applying! If you do not like the game, don't apply.