[WIP] Kiki's Delivery Service - Kiki head study

beis
null
Offline / Send Message
beis null
Hi all!

I was inspired by this video on Arc System Works stuff on Guilty Gear Xrd and how they created a 2d look in 3d( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZsboyfs-L4) and decided I wanted to learn about that, using a character from one of my favorite movies, Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service!

This is my first time trying to make a face, so I'm already seeing things that I need to redo with the face topology. I'll rework that before moving onto other parts. Eventually I want to build a facial rig to try to match the animation from the film. But that's for another week...

I'm building this with the intention of putting it on Sketchfab, so I have to work with the limitations for that, e.g. faking the cel shader look, using the inverted hull method of creating an outline, etc. 

Anyways, here's my WIP of the her head!

Any feedback is always appreciated!

Replies

• beis
    Offline / Send Message
    beis null
    Been working on the facial topology; it's much cleaner now. Facial proportions are starting to look closer to Kiki, and I've been experimenting with shrink wrapping the nose and mouth lines to the face so they're easier to move. It's pretty cool to see them in motion!

I think I'll try to nail down the face some more before moving on to the bow and hair..
  • beis
    Offline / Send Message
    beis null
    Face is looking better, and I've spent much time getting the hair looking like something I like. Still have to fix a bunch, but I'm much happier with it now. Then it will be time for the bow, and then some mouth and eye shapes...