Home Technical Talk

3DS Max animation — duplicated keyframes doesn't store position information

Unc1e
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Unc1e polycounter lvl 3
Hello animators! Wanna ask a little of your help on some issue i got with character animation. The thing is i'm trying to copy a keyframe that contains character's limb's both move and rotation information on a timeline, but freshly duplicated frame only contains rotation information, limb isn't moving! Meanwile if i move and rotate limb manually using controller in autokey mode both rotation and position information are storing in newly created keyframe just fine. I think the whole situation has something to do with IK target that can be created in limb animation tab. I think i've created such target, then removed it just by pressing delete, but it somehow continue affecting limb's movement, but i'm not sure, it's just a guess. Can you please give me some advice on how to solve the problem? It is hell of a pain it the neck!

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    The position of that bone is determined by the orientation of it's parents.  if you want the hand back where it was at the earlier frame you need to duplicate the keys on the arm bones

or use IK
  • Unc1e
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unc1e polycounter lvl 3
    poopipe said:
    The position of that bone is determined by the orientation of it's parents.  if you want the hand back where it was at the earlier frame you need to duplicate the keys on the arm bones

or use IK

Thanks a lot for reply! Yeah, with some help i already figured that out about keyframing parent bones.