Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Enforcer Coil SMG

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
fdfxd2 interpolator
god dammit I've stared at this sword jpeg long enough, time to actually attempt to make something out it

Day 1

Making another Coil gun, but this time I want to pay extra attention to the silhouette of the gun, since last time.... yea

So I made sure to rough it out in blender first

I think I've got a good shape so far, but I also want to make it more obvious that it's a coil gun(because future bro)...I'll get back to you on whether I managed to do that tommorow

Replies

• fdfxd2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fdfxd2 interpolator
    Day 2

Blocked out the fronty bits. not sure how to handle the transitional bit where the range setter thingo was.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    if you want to push your 3D artist portfolio, id really not make your own designs

the concept looks very blocky and proportions are all over the place. Made the same mistake over many years, hurt my modelling progress a lot. One always just makes the shapes which are currently comfortable if there is no real reference to follow and the final models are never 1/3 as good as a real reference. Also nobody can help as there is no reference. Its just loss/loss, slow learning, and throwaway portfolio results. There are unending cool guns or even concepts to remake.
  • fdfxd2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fdfxd2 interpolator
    Shrike said:
    if you want to push your 3D artist portfolio, id really not make your own designs

the concept looks very blocky and proportions are all over the place. Made the same mistake over many years, hurt my modelling progress a lot. One always just makes the shapes which are currently comfortable if there is no real reference to follow and the final models are never 1/3 as good as a real reference. Also nobody can help as there is no reference. Its just loss/loss, slow learning, and throwaway portfolio results. There are unending cool guns or even concepts to remake.
    Well thanks for the honesty. I guess a well modeled AK would probably be more interesting to look at after the fact than some random confusing illogical gun concept. Maybe I'll come back to this after I model enough guns and I have a grasp on gun design.