Home Marmoset

Any way to have "same" setup on toolbag (from painter) on the fly?

rintin
node
Offline / Send Message
rintin node
I don't have problems to deal with a new setup. But if is done like just I want in substance painter is a bit annoying having to touch parameters on any "material" because is not importing as a material, is creating it from a couple o maps exported peviously in painter.

I'm working with Substance painter 1.7.3 and Marmoset toolbag 3.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm sure exactly what you're trying to do, but there is no feature to match your material or lighting settings to Substance Painter. That said, you could use the Template Scene and Template Material features to set up a default scene and material to cut down on repetitive work.

For the default scene: create a new scene with the lighting and objects that you want, and then go to Edit -> Templates -> Set Template Scene. Now whenever you launch Toolbag or create a new scene it will use the Template.

For materials, you can do the same. Set up the material however you like, but without any textures loaded. Then go to Edit -> Templates -> Set Template Material. The Template will be used any time you create a new material. By default, Toolbag loads material properties from FBX/OBJ files, so if you want to use your Template when importing meshes, go to Edit -> Preferences and disable Import Materials With Models.