Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Retrogasm - Mephala

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
HarlequinWerewolf polycounter
I'm late to the party but I wanted to work on something for Retrogasm 2019 and take it as an opportunity to learn as much as I can about creating a realistic character. This is a massive step outside of my comfort zone so any and all critiques and advice is super appreciated. 

I'm working on a Hero from Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Mephala.

I used to play the game all the time as a kid, even though I was terrible at it but I still loved the characters. Each Hero only really has a portrait to go on so I'm trying to build up the concept myself as well, could use some advice there too. 

So here's my ref board and a basic concept to get me started:

Here's where I'm at so far. Realism is hard, plz halp. Also trying out Marvelous Designer and going from that to Maya to ZBrush. 

Everything is still very rough. The body was sculpted with Sculptris Pro and the clothing is pulled in from MD with quad topology sorted out in Maya first. 

Replies

• HarlequinWerewolf
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequinWerewolf polycounter
    So... I wasn't entirely happy with the outfit I had made so I re-did it, which took a bit more time than I would have liked. I think I might still give her a cloak later down the line. Also messed with the face to be closer to the original portrait from the game and give her a bit more character. Still no details and the clothing is just out of Marvelous with quad topology for sculpting.

• jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    something about the face seems off to me, I can't quite place what It is.  I would spend some more time on it next time you sit down to work on it