Home Unreal Engine

At startup: The following modules are missing

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
kanga quad damage

The following modules are missing

Would you like to rebuild them now? Yes fails.

Engine 4.22.3

I tried to integrate the third person template with my current Unreal/Datasmith project and got an alert that I had to install visual studio 2017, so I saved the current level quit and installed vs. Upon startup I get this error. I can however open a new project with the third person template. 

Is there a way to open my previous project or is there a way to get the existing content into a fresh project? I thought project migration had to be done within the current project. Unreal is installed on my D Drive and I havent found a way to locate the auto save files. According to the web they would'nt do me much good in this situation.

All advice gratefully accepted.
Cheers

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Hi. Migration should have worked, thats the way of moving stuff between projects, because it resolves changed path references. Can you write down the steps of how you are trying to migrate?

The "following modules are missing" error usually appears when you don't have some plugin enabled in the project, that it would otherwise need. And you can't rebuild them when some setting in visual studio is incorrect. There are some specifications of how vs needs to be installed in order to get it working with unreal.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Hi Obscura.
    Thanks four reply man. Yes your advice sounds correct. Here is the whole message.

The following modules are missing.
    MyProject2
    Would you like to build them now?

The last time I had the project open I tried to bring in a thid person template. I am pretty sure it was from the unreal starter but I reckon now it was a template from the 4.20 engine. While I was bringing it in I got an eror message that a plugin failed and I needed to install the 2017 vs so I saved, shut down and installed the vs. I should have shut down without saving. Now when I try to open the project I get the above message.

From my understanding you can only migrate a project from within the project itself, while it is open and that I cant do that. I havent opened the 2017 yet. Is there a way to get my project up and running through vs?
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    So I generated vs project files and ran a build in 2017. This is what I got.

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
    Error    LNK2019    unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static void __cdecl UHeadMountedDisplayFunctionLibrary::ResetOrientationAndPosition(float,enum EOrientPositionSelector::Type)" (__imp_?ResetOrientationAndPosition@UHeadMountedDisplayFunctionLibrary@@Z) referenced in function "protected: void __cdecl ATP_ThirdPersonCharacter::OnResetVR(void)" (?OnResetVR@ATP_ThirdPersonCharacter@@IEAAXXZ)   MyProject2    D:\unreal_stuff\starter\MyProject2\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\TP_ThirdPersonCharacter.cpp.obj    1  

Error    LNK1120    1 unresolved externals    MyProject2    D:\unreal_stuff\starter\MyProject2\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MyProject2.dll    1    

Error    MSB3075    The command "D:\Progams\EpicGames\UE_4.22\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat MyProject2Editor Win64 Development -Project="D:\unreal_stuff\starter\MyProject2\MyProject2.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.    MyProject2    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets    44    

​​​​​​​How would I fix this? What a can of worms.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Well, lo and behold:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1535173-is-there-a-tutorial-on-how-to-migrate-entire-project-between-unreal-projects
    Found this one this morning over at the Epic forums.

I had made a brand new 3rd person project, and copying the content and cofig files from the corrupted project and skipping the third person duplicate files worked. One thing I learned from my 2 day hell is to keep a backup of the last successfully opened project file outside the projects folder in the stater directory,..... Just in case :) Thanks for your help Obscura.