Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Head Anatomy Practice

dizzi
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
dizzi polycounter lvl 6
Hi all,
I want to record my progress on sculpting faces. 
Here is the first one, the first view is looking very weird, and i am having trouble with the adams apple. i will try sculpting another head instead of trying to fix this one, Any critiques are greatly appreciated and ill incorporate them in the next sculpt.

Replies

• apollo580
    Offline / Send Message
    apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
    Step down a lot of subdivision levels, you are way too high. Also grab some anatomy books of head proportions in addition to books that have planes of the face. Good luck!
  • dizzi
    Offline / Send Message
    dizzi polycounter lvl 6
    apollo580 said:
    Step down a lot of subdivision levels, you are way too high. Also grab some anatomy books of head proportions in addition to books that have planes of the face. Good luck!
    Thanks for the help! I am following grassetis tutorial and im using anatomy for sculptors book as a reference along with images i found online, i guess the problem lies with me interpreting the reference incorrectly.

Here is face #2
    I realized the front view was looking odd on the last face because i did not have the shapes surrounding the mouth spread out properly. Moving them to align with the other planes of the face helped fix it i think. 

• dizzi
    Offline / Send Message
    dizzi polycounter lvl 6
    I used eden hazard as a reference for my third face. I didnt try to replicate every single detail especially since i didnt break the symmetry at all i am just trying to get the anatomy and main shapes to look correct.

• dizzi
    Offline / Send Message
    dizzi polycounter lvl 6
    Here is a female face i was practicing on. I had some fun sculpting the hair but i not satisfied with the results, ill probably need to spend more time on it. Any feedback is greatly appreciated as im going to start another project and i do not want to keep making any of the same mistakes. Thanks!