Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Anura_Interceptor

Anura_Interceptor
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Anura_Interceptor polycounter lvl 5
I'd appreciate any critique and advice you can offer. These are the last two projects I completed, a Mark 13 Torpedo and AN-MK 33 armor-piercing bomb that helped me get the hang of normal maps. The normal mapped hole at the back of the torpedo is the exhaust port, they run on compressed air/oxygen-fed combustion engines and need to get rid of combustion products.
Standard:514 tris, 128x512 texture
LOD:124 tris, 32x128 texture

Standard:1380 tris, 512x512 texture
LOD:164 tris, 8x8 color atlas

My next project is a Curtiss SB2C Helldiver, this will be able to carry the bomb I've made. I've never made a plane before and would appreciate any advice you have to offer. Eventually I plan on making a TBF Avenger to go along with this and the Nagara-class cruiser Isuzu for them to strike in an animation.

Replies

• Anura_Interceptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a pitcher plant I made for a friends Oblivion mod a while back, first plant I've done. She's going to try texturing it at some point. 1660 tris, bit heavy, about twice as much as some of the foliage meshes I viewed from the game files, but it's not catastrophic and they can be used sparingly. Will use a 512x512 texture.

• Anura_Interceptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been learning Substance Painter and Designer. Just finished the "making your first substance material" course, used the info they presented to make a completely different material, went for a partially dried up stream lined with loose silt. Proud of how well organized I kept everything. Both very fun softwares to work with, going to use them to texture that pitcher plant.

These were my reference pictures, I went for the wavy surface and loose soil of the sand but with the color and potholes of the mud.