Home Career & Education

Please help me with some doubts about studios

Hello, good afternoon, I'm about to graduate in architecture, but I'm going to pursue a 3D Artist career and I'm having some doubts related to this career.
I am researching a lot but it still seems very abstract to me how a studio works and what are the possibilities of work that I have, for now I am focusing on Archviz for already knowing the area but wanted to know the other opportunities that I have, I would like to know which ones are the types of studio available, archviz, products, for example, and the positions they have, illustrator, art director, for example, so that i can choose one and focus my studies and portfolio in the best way, could you help me? Thank you !

Replies

• YF_Sticks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YF_Sticks polycounter lvl 5
    To get started you should look at a lot of job description several studios put out. You can find many jobs on Artstation in the "Jobs" section. This should give you an overview of 1. What studios are looking for in terms of roles and 2. What skills are needed to get this job. 

Then it comes down what you want to do. Do you want to be an environment artist, weapon artist, lighting artist, character artist etc etc. This is something you have to answer for yourself. What do you like? Where do you see your strengths? Then start learning those skills and creating your portfolio. Look at people who are already in the industry and are doing what you want to do. Look at their portfolios on Artstation and compare your work to them critically and post your work for feedback.

Much much more can be said as this is a long process. 

Hope this helps!