Senior Technical Artist (Character Systems) - FULL TIME
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Senior Technical Artist that will be focused on character systems to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
The ideal candidate is a skilled Technical Artist with extensive experience building systems to support character production. Character customization is an important aspect of this IP and extends into nearly everything the player can do. You will be working with small, multidisciplinary groups of artists, designers and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows, build production tools, and identify performance metrics parameters.
- Work with Art, Design and Engineering to develop tools and systems that provide efficient character production workflows
- Develop tools that ensure data integrity
- Identify production bottlenecks and propose solutions
- Provide support, training and mentoring to users
- Document workflows and advocate best practices
- Fluent in one or more programming language (Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- Solid technical background and an ability to design and implement systems
- 3+ years relevant industry experience minimum
- Experience developing and working with other character production systems
- Experience working with physically based materials
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
*Re-location assistance available
- MMO or GaaS experience
- Experience with Substance Designer/Painter or similar
- VFX Industry experience
- Experience with Houdini
- General interest in contemporary CGI techniques
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.zenimaxonline.com/careers
and click the "Apply Online" link under Senior Technical Artist (Character Systems)
. You will be redirected to the job submission form via our third-party applicant tracking system.