Home Technical Talk

Issues with Substance painter and baking my low to high poly.

Irraka
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Irraka polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys just trying to figure out what's going on with this model. Its just a chest. I was first having problems with the normal and AO baking like it was not aliened correctly but now substance painter is saying it's failing to load the high poly when I try to bake.

If anyone has some free time I've provided a link to the high and low poly models. If someone could please tell me what they think is wrong it would mean a lot. 

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1__wgOFfbdldMMkp8abR04vS0UFZVQzXj <-- High Poly

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ijQiUE4pwuqMq5fYUT4RRDfYgCYYBD7-  <-- Low Poly

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Dont really have time to check your files. One thought though: are you high and low poly at exactly the same place and orientation in 3d space? Looks like they dont match.
  • TeZzy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TeZzy polycounter lvl 12
    Hi there,

I loaded up your high and low poly in SP and baked the maps and it looks fine. No aligning issues.

Is it possible that you've dragged a different AO or normal map into the mesh map slots by accident?
  • Irraka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irraka polycounter lvl 7
    kanga said:
    Dont really have time to check your files. One thought though: are you high and low poly at exactly the same place and orientation in 3d space? Looks like they dont match.
    No pretty sure they are the exact same space. TeZzy said:
    Hi there,

I loaded up your high and low poly in SP and baked the maps and it looks fine. No aligning issues.

Is it possible that you've dragged a different AO or normal map into the mesh map slots by accident?

Thats really weird I'm 100% positive I used the same maps. Did you get any errors?

Edit:

I managed to get everything working but I had to use Marmost and I had to break everything out so that each piece was separate from each other.
  • TeZzy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TeZzy polycounter lvl 12
    Nah, baked fine.

Looking at your image. The AO that's shown up looks like planks of wood or something and doesn't look like the bake came from the high poly
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    TeZzy said:
    Hi there,

That'll be it. That is just what it looks like.