Home Unreal Engine

Need help with scaling tall buildings

Shinji2009
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Shinji2009 polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys, 

I am new to here and I have been told great things about polycount so I am glad to finally be active here. I am working on a scene for fun and up until this point I have made tons of interior and 1/2 story buildings, but I am working on something different. I am working on a city scene with tall skyscraper buildings, but I cant figure out how to scale them properly for the life of me. I know when it comes to normal buildings I can get away with 500x500x500 for my scale and I know to build in modular, but how do people get the right scale for really big buildings. I have search the webs for different tutorials on big buildings but all I find are modular tutorials and small rooms. Here is an idea of what I am trying to build. 

Replies

• TheGabmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheGabmeister interpolator
    I'm not sure if I understood the question about scale, but isn't that as simple as using the dimensions of real-world skyscrapers? You can study the Shooter Game demo by Epic where they use sci-fi skyscrapers as background objects. It can be downloaded by going to the Learn tab in the Epic Launcher.