Home Marmoset

Rendering speckle artifacts

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
OutlawHue polycounter lvl 8
I have read some things on speckled renders and how to possibly fixes. I seem to run into this issue a lot lately. Here's my latest render and you can see little white speckles on the model. I have turned off GI and SSS (usually when I do this it is all fixed). Still getting the issue. The model scale is set properly to the Marmoset guide in CM. I am hoping it's something I am overlooking that can be quickly fixed. Currently I have a Dither transparency setting but even without this it's still spotty.

Any ideas?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a bit hard to tell from this image what the problem is, but if you're talking about noise, generally speaking you can improve noise by increasing the samples in the Capture Settings (Ctrl+P).
  • OutlawHue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the help! That seems to reduce the speckles somewhat and makes for a better all around render. I played around with the material shaders as well. No matter what I did the white speckles remained. It seems like I'm overlooking something. I'm going to troubleshoot a bit and I'll post my results. Thanks
  • OutlawHue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update - Increasing render samples over x25 reduced the artifacts BUT to removeall artifacts I had to crank up just about every sampling tool to its highest level (shadows, ao etc).