Home Adobe Substance

How can I bake color from a high poly mesh to low poly mesh?

I have been given a HP mesh in zbrush and I took additionaly steps to Zremeshed it to decrease it's polycount and exported it as LP.
With the highpoly mesh I was given a color map. I for the life of me feel really rediculous be cause I can't find any solution online on how to bake a COLOR MAP on HP  to COLOR MAP on LP. 

HELP... Please. The resources I have with me, Zbrush, Substance Painter and Designer. Is it possible?

Replies

• Popeye9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popeye9 polycounter lvl 15
    You can bake it in Designer. When you add a baker just select the "Transfer Texture From Mesh" and then in the baker parameters there is a place to add the texture that the high poly uses. 

Alternatively you could take the High poly in Zbrush and divide it to the correct subdivision for the texture and transfer it to polypaint then bake in painter using vert color as the option. If using the Zbrush method your mesh needs to be subdivided at least 4 million for a 2k texture map and 16 million for a 4k texture map. 
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    How subdivided the mesh is makes no difference to the bake. 

Use as much geometry as required to get it to look right.  It'll bake faithfully 
  • Popeye9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popeye9 polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah you are only dividing the mesh to get the resolution for transferring the texture to polypaint in Zbrush. Would only do this to use painter to bake since there is no option to use a texture with a high poly.
  • oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    Baking Albedo from high to low would be a great feature to have.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    it's been in designer for a few years - it's a bit sad it hasn't made it's way through to painter