Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter- Mesh fill doesn't fill the entire mesh

Yogev
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Yogev polycounter lvl 2

I'm not really sure why it happen, but I created a new material, added a black mask to it, and tried to used the "Mesh fill" option. Not all of the mesh got the same color, there are some white seams (in this case) instead of having it all red. I'm not sure if it's something I need to change in the baking parameters or not. My working theory is that it happens because the UV of two meshes or more are packed close together (though no overlapping). 

Replies

• rintin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rintin node
    Check in the UV layout (of your 3D modeling software, not substance) if these edges are in contact with others that in the textured version are "white/grey". Sometimes are conected or in-contact. And if are using same base material... could happen this.
  • Yogev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yogev polycounter lvl 2
    rintin said:
    Check in the UV layout (of your 3D modeling software, not substance) if these edges are in contact with others that in the textured version are "white/grey". Sometimes are conected or in-contact. And if are using same base material... could happen this.
    The edges in the UV don't overlap or touch each other, if that is what you mean. That was my initial thought and I checked it carefully. They are separated with a clear gap between them, but it is a small gap.

Also, changing the resolution of the textures reduce the problem, though not eliminating it completely.

This is 1K-

This is 4K-