Home Marmoset

Turntable animation in marmoset viewer?

rintin
node
Offline / Send Message
rintin node
Hi mates,
This is my first post here, so... Hi mates!

I'm just starting with Marmoset Toolbag 3.
I understand main options and config, but I'm not sure with an specific one. Two questions:

1) I want to export a scene as interactable for artstation publishing. What I want is an autoplay for a turntable but I click on web preview and I can rotate the view with the mouse and tha'ts all. How can I do to play a turntable animacton using this option? (not video rendering).

If isn't possible, what's the best way to do that.

2) In addition, is it possible to disable the manual view rotation (with mouse on these exported files)?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like the Turntable object is not supported in Viewer currently.

What you can do is create an empty group object, place it at pivot point of the scene (this is usually 0,0,0 but you can fine tune it if needed) and then drag your mesh(es) into the group. Now you can us the group as an animation controller. Set the Rotation Y axis to 0 at frame 1 and set it to a multiple of 360 at the end frame. If you've got a 10 second Timeline Length, then 360 would give you one rotation over 10 seconds. 1080 would give you 3 rotations. Next, select the first keyframe and set it to the linear falloff type.

You can find some more information on creating keyframes here: https://marmoset.co/posts/toolbag-3-animation/

You should end up with something that looks like the above. Now when you go to export the Viewer scene, all you need to do is make sure Exports Animations is enabled.

To restrict the camera, you can go to the camera object properties and use the various tools there. There's a GUI that will show up when you enable the various options and you can test the limits in the viewport.

In the above screenshot I've restricted the view to a small area, though you can restrict it even further if you like.

Of course this makes me curious, if you want a turntable animation, and you don't want the user to be able to rotate the camera, why do you want to use Viewer instead of a video file?

• rintin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rintin node
    I'll try in this way then.
    EarthQuake said:
    Of course this makes me curious, if you want a turntable animation, and you don't want the user to be able to rotate the camera, why do you want to use Viewer instead of a video file?

Just for knowing better all options to use it in the better way in any future real case.
    Anyway, doing like this I don't need a YT account or similar, just the artstation account and, in addition, should be lighter in MB than an acceptable quality demo video. Maybe at home it doesnt matter, but with data phone...

Thank you again ;)