Eldar Warlock

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Soufflé triangle
Hey everyone,

I'm getting towards the end stages of this project. An Eldar warlock based off a concept by Ted Beargeon 

I've been going back and forth between marmoset and substance adjusting my textures. I didn't realise how much of a difference the lighting would make so there's been lots of tweaking. 

Any feedback would be really appreciated, especially if anyone has advice on the textures and lighting.
Cheers!

Replies

• momomoonscar
    Offline / Send Message
    momomoonscar triangle
    Hey, this is looking pretty good! My only thing in terms of lighting is I feel as a whole the whole image is a little too flat. I feel if hes a warlock the shadows should be a little darker and the overall lights should be colder and more dramatic! Maybe a stronger rim light too to cut through the darker shadows. 

On an unrelated note, I feel like when you look at him up close he isnt really imposing/scary. His ear I find a little goofy tbh, and his face is too round and healthy looking in my opinion. As always take everything with a grain of salt :)
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi insane polycounter
    Face proportions could stand to be longer.  Right now, I don't buy this is an Eldar's face given how close the eyes are to the nose.

What are the layers you got working on the white parts of the armor?
  • Soufflé
    Offline / Send Message
    Soufflé triangle
    @momomoonscar
    thanks for the feedback! totally agree with the feedback, i'm gonna go in and tweak some lighting so it pops a bit more and see if I can adjust the proportions of the ear :) 

@Brian "Panda" Choi
    Spot on with the feedback man, the face could definitely stand to be longer so it has more of an elven look. For the armour it's got a base layer of worn metal and a chipped paint layer on top that i'm blending between. Really appreciate the feedback! :) 
  • Soufflé
    Offline / Send Message
    Soufflé triangle
    Spent today messing around with lighting and presentation and decided to call this fella done, been staring at him for way too long. Got him up on artstation now. =)  https://www.artstation.com/artwork/A95635