Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: UE4 General Issues

Hello all!
I have been using MegaScans for some time now, mostly in Unreal. I've been running into some general issues recently.
I, for the longest time, did not update Bridge out of laziness. I cannot remember the version I was using, but it was before the introduction of the details panel.
After I updated Bridge, my export process has been very prone to issues. First off, all 3D assets are imported with incorrect xyz orientation, making you rotate the mesh every time you bring it into the scene. I have scoured the settings, and cannot find a way to correct this in the export process. Secondly, every time I export a 3D asset, not only does it create the standard static mesh, but it also creates another static mesh, simply titled "StaticMesh_0". Now, whenever I drag the standard mesh in, both meshes are brought into the scene, making me delete the "StaticMesh_0" every time. This mesh also does not have a material applied to it. Thirdly, all exported 3D assets have 2 material elements. 0 is assigned correctly with the appropriate material instance, but 1 is not assigned to anything. This element corresponds to LOD1 and only LOD1. This causes the material to pop out whenever you are viewing LOD1. Lastly, most of the time when I drag a newly exported asset into my scene, 4 materials are spontaneously created corresponding to the individual textures for that asset. One is created for albedo, one for displacement, one for normal, and one for rough. These materials simply have their corresponding texture piped into the base color. This also seems to override the world grid texture, and replaces any instances in the world with the roughness material that was just created.
I may be incorrect in this, but I also feel that the overall scale of imported assets is off. They seem to be correctly scaled to each other, but I feel they are a bit smaller than they used to be. I tried to recreate this in one of my old projects, but not only did I run into export issues with 4.22, but now I cannot export to any earlier engine versions.
Am I doing something horribly wrong with my process?

Replies