Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

LowPoly // Alien On Adventure Feedback (new on polycount)

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hello wonderful people,
im just join poly count and I have no glue how it works here but I guess I just post my Artwork and hope I get some feedback?
If im wrong pls tell me or tell me how I have or can post my Artwork! (:

So I model a little crazy alien, is looking for new pieces of decoration. On a visit to Earth, he finds a great Cactus which is taken directly. Will he sting on the spikes?
My idea was to put an environment in a glass. I liked the idea to make something crazy, So I created a desert landscape. After many types of vessels, I decided on a rocket (glass → lava lamp → rocket). So that the work remains consistent I have added an alien which should give the project a slight crazy note.
The whole project is in a nice LowPoly styled. About feedback or criticism, I would be very happy. (:

Check the model out from my Sketchfab page if you want to zoom in.

Replies

• lpfeffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lpfeffer triangle
    Hello! I'm new here too, but i think you're doing it right so far :) I like the bright vibrant colors on the first one, but the second image looks too dark and grainy. Maybe some more dramatic lighting could help: Less sunlight, but instead light from underneath the alien? Could make for some dramatic shadows. What do you mean by putting in in a glass? Like a fish bowl?
  • mitchy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, thank you for your comment! :)
    The second picture showed just a closeup from the alien with a transparent background (that's why its dark). But thank you for the hint!
    I mean, I like the idea from a snow globe - like putting a landscape or a scene into jar.
    Instead of just creating a scene, why not wrap them nicely to present it. :)

• lpfeffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lpfeffer triangle
    Sounds like a plan! When you want to go for a snowball-like thing, maybe add some small cubes as particles flying around?
  • mitchy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats a nice idea! I try to go for a more realistic style in my next project. Will be interesting for me, I love Low Poly but I guess its time for something different!