Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci Fi Environment WIP

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Haytch polycounter lvl 10
Hey my Dudes! Long time no see!
So it looks like I may need to get my portfolio Up to date pretty soon so I thought I'd start blocking out and detailing this Sci fi environment as I've never done Sci Fi before.

Was quite interested to see the results. I'll post some proper renders and beauty shots when I get a change. Still trying to work on a lot (UE4 is still my boss and I'm the bitch)

So this is probably one of the first scene's i've actually made in UE4, (I've used Cryengine and Inhouse engines at a previous studio I was working at) I Think I'm getting the hang of it but there's still a lot more to learn. Anyway, I'm still in two minds what to do with this, I was thinking about putting water into the corridors to make it look flooded, or I was thinking of actually dressing the corridors to have some sort of tragic/mayhemic story to why it is like that. I'm even thinking down the line of wether or not to put foliage into the environment with water and have an overgrown space station.

At the Moment I've only made these Assets:

Any Critique and suggestion is welcome. I also know the roughness looks more wet at the moment, doesn't seem to have anything to do with the specular, the way I'm doing it is multiplying my roughness by a constant parameter, maybe dividing it or something would work better?