Home Adobe Substance

Issues with Specular Map in Substance Painter

kevingamerartist
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
kevingamerartist polycounter lvl 6
Hi all,

I have a question about what I'm showing in my screenshot here. I have been messing with the different layers to have the Specular Map look similar to the Diffuse/Albedo Map I have here displayed. I have been trying multiple different blending modes to have the different layers appearing correctly so that it appears similar to the Diffuse/Albedo Map, however I haven't had any luck with it. Does it depend on if you add Paint or Fill layers to an already existing Paint or Fill Layer you initially put on the mesh? By this I mean adding another layer on to another layer, and not just create a whole new layer itself.

Here is what my Specular Map would appear as if I rendered it out right now:

and here's what my Diffuse/Albedo Map appears as:

I have normally been able to change the blending modes in the past on past mesh objects in Substance Painter to have the Specular Map appear correctly in Substance Painter, and then render out correctly. However this is puzzling me right now, as not only this object, but another object which I created before is giving me similar issues.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you,
Kevin

Replies

• kevingamerartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kevingamerartist polycounter lvl 6
    I'm pretty sure I figured out the issue to my problem. I just didn't enable the Roughness and Specular channels when painting the texture, and the other grunges and details that I added.

Feel free to add your input and opinions anyways since I enjoy learning from other people's opinions and experiences too.