Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UNITY] Kitchen (brazilian style)

c3duardo
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
c3duardo polycounter lvl 2
Hi everyone! I want to share my first realtime scene rendered in Unity 2018.3. I'm not using HDRP in this project, but I like the result. Any critiques are appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Looks really nice. Is that a bit too much chromatic aberration in some of the shots? The one with the stove? Too much distortion near the edges I think.

Some things are a liittle too CG perfect. Like the grout between the tiles in the last shot. Those lines look completely perfect. Also the wash basin doesn't look like metal to me. It should be like stamped steel, right? Some of the plastic materials like the water cooler look a little off. Maybe a little less roughness just so they get some more shape from the lighting? The seem kinda flat.

Very nice attention to detail overall IMO.

• c3duardo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Alex! Thanks for the feedback!
    Responding to your feedback, I'm not using chromatic aberration. I tried not to leave the grout very straight, but the render camouflaged it a little. The sink is marble, not metallic. The water tank (in Brazil we call a water filter) is made by hand and made of clay. I'll put some photos of the sink and the water filter. Thank you very much for the remarks!

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Ah cool! I was about to say it kind alooks more like clay than plasitc.
  • renanfab
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renanfab polycounter lvl 11
    Loved this project man, congratz on the project. The only thing i didnt like that much was the marble sink. At least the ones i already saw in my life, they are all "revested" with something that when its nice and clean, it becomes shiny and glossy. But mostly it gets like that when you use those cleanining products which makes everything shinny you know? Since your kitchen looks pretty organized, i would say that someone used that product in there as well. Otherwise, its looks really dirt in my opinion. Keep the great work!
  • c3duardo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the kind words, Renan! Unity decrease the smoothness information after the bake, so I will put a marmoset render to compare. Thanks again!