Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Healing Salve [Marmoset Rendering]

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Andreicus polycounter lvl 6
This is the first artwork that i made for the ArtStation King Arthur challenge in the prop design category.
It is based on a concept of Rashed Alakroka.

I changed the design to reflect more that it's an item that was once used by a king. 

It has precious gold ornaments all throughout the bottle and the ampoule itself is made of ceramic with fine golden edges. 
It rests on a red silk pillow and the pillar that support everything bears engravings made by the court magicians of King Arthur to preserve that sacred place from other evil spells. 

Modeled in Maya LT, sculpted in ZbrushCore, textured in Substance Painter and rendered in Marmoset Toolbag.
This time i dig into tone mapping a little more and i also practiced with the RGB curve editor and well, the final image is improved a lot from my previous artworks.
I should have used them earlier :)

Here are some renderings:

The AO rendering is from Marmoset ( or detail lighting rendering if you are used to Unreal terminology ). I didn't know how to do it at first but at the end it was simple: I deactivated the Albedo texture and set the color from white to a slightly gray tone to visualize the shapes.

More info on my ArtStation page: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xzwVeR