Home Marmoset

can't get soft shadows to bake with complete map

some of you may remember me i used to be on polycount as rhinokey / rhinokio, but i have been AWOL awhile and forgot my pas, and no longer have the email associated with it.  and this is the username i use mostly on the web nowadays.  

so trying to work out a work flow for a project and i need to bake some nice soft shadows, but i am hitting several blockers.  hoping @EarthQuake can offer some of his wisdom. 
using omni and spot lights i can get the shadows to show up in the real time fine even when soft (i softened the shadows by adjusting the width setting of the light)  but when i bake and look at the preview the shadows are baking as hard shadows.  The Directional light (which is the one i would rather use so i can get the shadows casting straight down uniformly) hardly works at all, some objects just refuse to cast shadows at all using directional, and it still bakes poorly,  here is some shots of what i mean

here is showing what i mean about the directional lights casting weird shadows or not casting at all.

and here is an example using spotlight of the shadows displaying soft but baking hard

is there a  way to achieve soft shadow baking in marmoset?

thanks for the helps 

Replies