Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Liyah

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
HazeusView polycounter lvl 6
Ok, dear artists

This is a WIP of the character that I'm currently working on, posting here because I really need your feedbacks, just want so hard to improve my skills, so I'm in your hands! I will post there all the progress so far until the end.

The name is Liyah - The Forest Girl
Original concept art: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/56zDW

Inspired by this concept I wanted to recreate a more grown version of her, with some sci-fi/futuristic changes/elements in a totally different style from the 2D.

Thank you for your attention!

Replies

• HazeusView
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some updates, here you go

• truemkar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    truemkar polycounter lvl 3
    Looks good, mate! Keep going!
  • davtrn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome stuff, interesting concept to work from. I would probably look over the proportions, her lower/upper arm is either too long or short. Other than that, keep rocking :)
  • HazeusView
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you all for your feedbacks!

@davtrn Tried to figure out what was wrong, do you think is better now?

I dedicated last days trying to sculpt her assets, never sculpted wood items, so it wasv very challenging, I left the comfort zone and tried more tecniques, then the results

Let me know what you think!
  • davtrn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey that looks better in my eyes! By the way, have you looked up stylized 3D characters? Could be a helpful resource when trying to tackle converting 2D to 3D, to see what works and not. Anyways I really like the wood sculpts, I especially like the way it pushes the silhouette and I think you could push it on the flask more. Keep up the good work!
  • HazeusView
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ehi everyone! How are you? Hope fine
    I'm working on this character everyday, but it seems that it is not going in any direction, and now I'm feeling so lost and in crisis.
    Maybe I'm too much pessimistic but don't know if I will continue this, or start another one, or take my time doing more and more pratice sculpting "things", I'm just really confused at this moment.
    That's the actual state of the sculpt: