Home Adobe Substance

Shape Splatter doesn't seem to work (2018.4)

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
bitinn polycounter lvl 6

I tried everything (resetting parameter, adjusting any obvious settings etc.), the output is simply black no matter what I do.

What am I doing wrong?

ref: https://docs.substance3d.com/sddoc/shape-splatter-172819773.html

EDIT: also seeing these in console, have no idea why

Replies

• bitinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bitinn polycounter lvl 6
    OK, confirmed this is a problem caused by rendering engine, OpenGL 3.x is black, but SSE 2 is fine.

• bitinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bitinn polycounter lvl 6
    The unfortunate drawback of using SSE2 (CPU) for rendering is that Shape Splatter node is very slow: 2s+ for a simple 512x512 map on my 2.7 GHz i5...

Not sure if this is the case for users on decent GPU.

====

But I wonder if there is a workaround for my specific case: I just want to color my rocks using position data, like below, is it a way to do this if I generate these rocks through Tile Sampler?

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    You'll be able to add positional colouring to the tile sampler if you bust it open and dig around in the fx map. 

I forget how it's laid out internally now but it'll likely be in the topmost function of the last quadrant node in the fx-map 
  • bitinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bitinn polycounter lvl 6
    poopipe said:
    You'll be able to add positional colouring to the tile sampler if you bust it open and dig around in the fx map. 

I forget how it's laid out internally now but it'll likely be in the topmost function of the last quadrant node in the fx-map 
    This is a bit out of my league at the moment, so I opted for an easier trick, Edge Detect -> Flood Fill -> Distance