Home Technical Talk

zbrush bug - hall of mirrors effect

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
getting this bug when zooming in on the canvas. zbrush tries to drop my work to the canvas
and then i get this hall of mirrors effect. any ideas,
is it a wacom bug?

cheers
Mike

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Dont know what you mean by: 'Hall of mirrors', but if you are talking about the model being partially cut off while zooming, then, ZBrush cant zoom. What it does is scale your tool. If your model is being cut off while scaling it could be too big or too close to the canvas so you will need to move it forward. This only happened to me once in 15 years of using the app so google that. Also while importing the model from where ever, the scale may be too large. To fix that merge all your subtools then hit 'Unify' under 'Deformation' in the same subtool menu. Even then you may have to move your work forward. Note that a dynamesh sphere in general is zBrush scale for an entire figure. Even starting a model with zSpheres will make the model larser than intended for zBrush work. Its good practice to map out you figur (roughly) then Unify it for further work.

zBrush trying to drop your tool may mean you hit your workstation's limit and you may be talking about 'chuging'. When that happens you will have to decrease the subdivision levels of all the tools you are not working on by activating 'All Low' under the subtool menu, then up the subdivision levels only on the tool you are working on. I use zBrush for characters, and would never do an entire scene in it. If I had to do a scene I would split it up into separate files and use decimated stand ins from my other scenes as reference.

Hope this helps.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    naah I don't think thats the issue, I had this a little bit on previous versions, but I am really thinking its my tablet, just go a new intuous 4 so it may be a driver issue.
    I actually did mean zoom 3d, not scale and I can zoom in pretty close,  it seems like every so often when I hit 'zoom 3d' it goes beserk and drops my subtool to the canvas muliple times, hence the Hall of mirror effect i mentioned
    I have been using zbrush almost since it came out, so its not something dumb I have done re scaling I am guessing anyway.
    Even unifying stuff only reduces the scale tiny bit. my model is not being cut off either, so tink it is a bug

mmm latest zbrush is crashing a lot and I don't really get crashes nornally.
    my system is waay powerful and I rarely subdivide past 5 or 6 levels so i don't think that is the issue either
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Ah Ruz its you. Didnt look at the author. Crap it sounds like a weird one this. Couse you checked your drivers. It really may be a hardware issue.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah its annoying as it happens every few minutes. weirdly after posting i could not replicate the bug, typical:/
    I will update my intuos 4 drivers and see if that helps or maybe the nib is having uissues