Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

3d Programmer Looking for Lead 3d Modeller for game. (small Sci Fi RPG)

I am looking to build a game, i have solid software experience and looking to build a small Sci Fi based RPG in Unreal or Unity3d
If you have ever played Kurtzspel,  something like that only small scale with Humanoid robots.

Its mostly a melee instanced based Pvp game.

The development plan looks something like this.

• Program/Model Character Creator
  • Program RPG system (Damage Formulas,etc)
  • Program Gameplay loop
  • Program UI/Loading Screens
  • model Basic Weapons/Armor
  • model Basic Animations
  • Model small player hub
  • model small battleground
  • Balance game

Some technical information
  • We dont have to model create alot of LODs because its a small arena. So i expect maybe 1-3 lods per model.
  • I take care of all the gritty stuff, kd trees, inventory management, loot drops.
  • We only need 1 basic male and female humanoid robot with a possibility to extend armor on that. Because its a robot it doesnt need fancy clothes, only different color schemes.

If you have experience with 3d Modelling and animation i would like to get in touch with you. Im hoping the work can be as close to 50/50 divided between us as are the monetary rewards.

If you are not a 3d modeller or are not interested, please let me know how to improve this thread.

I have played many sandbox MMOS and shooters and i know what good gameplay is like, some notable things i have done in my sparetime is making a c++ Mouse Driver that Turns your mouse cartesian coordinates into spherical ones. I am not doing this for money, i am just annoyed by how games leave easy fruit hanging with respect to gameplay mechanics.

I am more of a gameplay over graphics kinda guy so im not expecting AAA graphics.

Also you can be assured i wont come up with stuff that is completely out of scope for a small game.
Like your run of the mill, survival open world sandbox planetary, infinite scale never-to-be-released game

Replies